I personally dislike any approach that changes what a developer
commits to the source code management system withput leaving a record
in that system of the original commit--it serves to undermine
confidence in that system. If one needs to enforce policy it seems
better to prohibit the commit with an informatoive error message.

--
ASCII ribbon campaign:
()  against HTML email