Wendy Smoak wrote:
On Jan 25, 2008 10:48 PM, Thomas Chang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  assumed we have a project with packaging jar. When we build the project with "mvn
package", a jar is build. But the dependencies in the project are not included in
the built jar. Is it possible to include the dependencies in the built jar?

Take a look at the assembly plugin.  There are a few standard
assemblies... it sounds like jar-with-dependencies might be what you
want.

Yup, Wendy's right. Here's a sample we've used:

<plugin>
        <configuration>
          <descriptorId>jar-with-dependencies</descriptorId>
          <finalName>the-jar-name</finalName>
          <outputDirectory>target/</outputDirectory>
          <workDirectory>target/assembly/work</workDirectory>
          <!-- include runtime deps -->
          <scope>runtime</scope>
          <archive>
            <manifest>
              <!-- a main class for using the jar from a shell -->
              <mainClass>gr.abiss.someproject.App</mainClass>
              <addClasspath>true</addClasspath>
            </manifest>
          </archive>
        </configuration>

        <executions>
          <execution>
            <id>make-assembly</id>
            <!-- this is used for inheritance merges -->
            <phase>package</phase>
            <!-- append to the packaging phase. -->
            <goals>
              <goal>attached</goal>