Thanks Graham!

I works this out just as I got your email :)

To explain this to others... taking a multi module maven project either out
of svn/cvs (Q: outside eclipse only?) or creating one from scratch leaves
you with a skeleton Maven project. With no eclipse
.project/.classpath/.whatever files in the project, it can then be made
"eclipse complient" with the "mvn eclipse:eclipse" command on the project
parent.  From this point onwards, the project source now contains all the
Maven Information, Eclipse Information, and possibly svn/cvs.

Now that you have content to import, you can "Import Existing Projects ->
Maven Project" into Eclipse. With it will come the Maven, Eclipse and
possibly svn/cvs information. The parent appears in the project list, as do
the modules.

I only have these closing questions/clarification...

Performing checkout's outside the IDE, then running "mvn eclipse:eclipse",
then  importing is a bit of a pain.... to "get around this" would people
(arguably no doubt) checkin the mvn eclipse:eclipse configuration into
svn/cvs once generated? Or is it possible to checkout a parent, then run
eclipse:eclipse within the IDE?

Thanks again,
Andrew