if
your
version
changes
-
you
have
problem.

Well as far as I have seen, the artificat-id is only buried in the WTP
resources.  More specifically, .settings/org.eclipse.wst.common.component.
This file essentially contains the runtime deployment details for the RAD
projects.  Additionally, the file used by RAD when exporting an EAR, for
example, and, as in our case, when deploying EAR to WebSphere Unit Test
environment from within RAD in loose-config mode.  That's when RAD creates
WORKSPACE/.metadata/.plugins/com.ibm.etools.wrd.websphere/looseconfigurations/<EAR_NAME>/looseconfig.xmi
 that in turns contains references to the physical location of class files.
And this is when everything gets screwed up.. because looseconfig.xmi is
generated based on .settings/org.eclipse.wst.common.component.

I had been thinking about doing exactly as you suggested, to manipulate
.settings/org.eclipse.wst.common.component once the WTP resources have been
generated.  But because of lack of Maven 2 knowledge, couldn't find any way to
execute arbitrary platform-specific (.bat for indows and .sh for *nix) scripts
from maven-eclipse-plugin.

Looking at the code, I see that there is a slight problem.. The right way to
fix it would be to change the code.  I hope that the issue will be addressed in
the new 2.5 plugin.

> It's
likely
you
will
run
into
many
more
issues.
know
which
ones
you
can
> see
at
all
the
closed
issues
that
are
scheduled
for
2.5
release.
can
tell
> you
in
advance
-
if
you
use
webservices
you
will
have
problem.

> It's
really
easier
just
use
2.5-SNAPSHOT
(unless
you
use
release
plugin).

Thanks for the heads up.  Luckily, we don't have Web Services.. yet!  But we do
intend to implement that.  By then I'm hoping that maven-eclipse-plugin 2.5
plugin will be released.

Will speak with our maven team to see if we can use the snapshot code.

Regards
Salman Moghal