Check out build-helper plugin

Here is how I use it

        <!--Getting the generated source dir added -->
                        <plugin>
                                <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>

<artifactId>build-helper-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                                <version>1.0</version>
                                <executions>
                                        <execution>
                                                <id>add-source</id>
                                                <phase>generate-sources</phase>
                                                <goals>
                                                        <goal>add-source</goal>
                                                </goals>
                                                <configuration>
                                                        <sources>

<source>${basedir}/target/generated-sources/java</source>
                                                        </sources>
                                                </configuration>
                                        </execution>
                                </executions>