Assuming you are creating a DefaultArtifact object, you have to set the classifier when you first call the constructor. Does that work for you?

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/components/branches/maven-2.0.x/maven-artifact/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/artifact/DefaultArtifact.java

Guillaume Durand wrote:
Hello,

I wrote a packaging plugin replacing the jar-plugin and accepting a classifier as parameter to generate the proper artifact name. Once the artifact is created I use Artifact.setFile with the newly created artifact. It works fine but the install-plugin copies the artifact into the repository without the classifier.
If the package plugin is jar-plugin the classifier is kept though.

How do I set in my plugin the classifier to use for the install-plugin?