From: Thomas Lutz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: 25 February 2008 11:24
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Mevenide vs. M2Eclipse, Q for Eclipse/IAM

Hi !

Though this doesn't answer your question regarding a comparison.. :-):

I use Q4E and am really happy with it. much better than m2eclipse and mevenide, pom synchronization and classpath integration works well. No webtools support in the version I use, but that could have changed in the meantime...

Tom

VUB Stefan Seidel schrieb:
Hi Chris,

we started with m2eclipse, too, and had troubles too. After
spending
about a week in total fixing the worst things in it, it is quite usable. Unfortunately, almost none of my suggestions made
it into the
mainstream code, and I've given up trying. I thought about
a fork but
I don't have the time. Anyway, m2eclipse is based on some
good ideas,
and when I last looked at Q4E, it wasn't usable due to its
early dev
stage.
There is a eclipse plugin for maven that generated the
.project files
and others, this one allows you to develop maven apps in
Eclipse, but
it is no real "Eclipse integration".

HTH,

Stefan

Chris wrote:
I googled around to try to find a comparison between
Mevenide and the
alternatives, and didn't come up with much.

Can someone tell me the differences?

(I've spend some time with m2eclipse, and I'm *not* impressed).

Eurobase International Limited and its subsidiaries (Eurobase) are unable to exercise control over the content of information in E-Mails. Any views and opinions expressed may be personal to the sender and are not necessarily those of Eurobase. Eurobase will not enter into any contractual obligations in respect of any part of its business in any E-mail. Privileged / confidential information may be contained in this message and /or any attachments. This E-mail is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only and may contain confidential information. If you are not the / an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use or dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you receive this transmission in error, please notify us immediately, and then delete this E-mail.
Neither the sender nor Eurobase accepts any liability whatsoever for any
defects of any kind either in or arising from this E-mail transmission. E-Mail
transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free, as messages can
be intercepted, lost, corrupted, destroyed, contain viruses, or arrive late or
incomplete. Eurobase does not accept any responsibility for viruses and it is
your responsibility to scan any attachments.

Eurobase Systems Limited is the main trading company in the Eurobase
International Group; registered in England and Wales as company number
02251162; registered address: Essex House, 2 County Place, Chelmsford, Essex
CM2 0RE, UK.