Hi,

>          Is it a must that we need to use maven to create a geotools
> project?
>          Or is there anyway in which we can use the geotools library
> directly?
>          Its basically to read a shapefile.

You should ask this question on a geotools list rather than here. Who knows
geotools?

Ok, me ;-), so once upon a time when maven was still alpha I wanted to do
exactly the same as you. Geotools is not just a jarfile, no it is a bunch
of jarfiles and I finally gave up because there were always a dependency
missing.

So what I want to tell you is, that you CAN do it without maven, but It is
even more complicated.

Jan

P.S can you configure your client to create a mail without a broken
indentation? Looks wired...

--
quote well - get answers