On Tuesday 11 March 2008 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Then I added to my parent pom:
> <developerConnection>
> scm:svn:https://MYSECRET_INTERNAL_IP:443//THE_MAIN_PROJECT/TRUNK/MY_SUB_PROJECT
>  </developerConnection>
[...]

Did you miss the repository part in your URL? Andy why do you have two
slashes? Something like this should work:
scm:svn:https://MYSECRET_INTERNAL_IP:443/MY_REPO/THE_MAIN_PROJECT/TRUNK/MY_SUB_PROJECT

Eventually try a 'svn list' for the part following 'scm:', this should
list your subversion repo. Does this work?

> However, this (mvn scm:update) didn't work. Somewhere I read I had to add
> a svn-settings.xml file to my USER-HOME? But no idea what I would put
> there..

I use svn without a svn-settings.xml file, works fine here.

> mvn scm:validate says:
> INFO] connectionUrl scm connection string is valid.
> INFO] project.scm.developerConnection scm connection string is valid.
[...]
> However, "mvn scm:update" fails! :-(

If above doesn't work, try running mvn -X and paste the error message
here.

hth,
- martin
--
Martin Höller                   | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
*x Software + Systeme           | http://www.xss.co.at/