The current version of the Maven2 FindBug plugin (1.1.1) uses Findbugs 1.2.0 and the 1.2-SNAPSHOT version uses Findbugs 1.2. Since Maven2 requires as a minimum Java 1.4 to run and Findbugs 1.3.x requires Java 5 I think we at at a fork in the rode where I would like some feedback from users.

[] Release Maven2 Findbugs Plugin 1.2.0 using Findbugs 1.2.1. All subsequent releases will use Findbugs 1.3.x and require Java 5 to run. No new enhancements, features or bug fixes will be put into the Maven2 Findbugs Plugin 1.2.0 version. I can still analyze byte code compile for Java 1.4

[] Release Maven2 Findbugs Plugin 1.2.0 using Findbugs 1.3.x and require Java 5 to run. [] Create and maintain two versions of the Maven2 Findbugs Plugin with one using Findbugs 1.2.1 requiring Java 1.4 as a minimum and another using Findbugs 1.3.x and requiring Java 5 to run. The two version would have the same bug fixes and enhancements where possible.

Regards,

Garvin LeClaire
[EMAIL PROTECTED]