The issue is not to force usage of any corporate-validated plugin (I'm using
some timestamped SNAPSHOTS), but to ensure the project will be reproductible
even when new version of the plugins si released.

Some of us got issues when surefire 2.4 was released, and test didn't pass
anymore. This was not a bug, as this was cleary documented in surefire
release note.

Nico..