Show us the declaration of the dependency in the pom.xml, as well as
the "mvn install:install-file" line you are using to install the file
into your local repo cache.

Also, paste the results of "mvn -X package" (or whatever command you
are executing, with the addition of the -X parameter for debug mode)
to www.pastebin.org and send the URL to this list. Do not just send
the entire debug dump via email, or as an attachment.

We need to see specific error strings to really analyze your problem.

Wayne