Hello,

unit tests we just put in src/test/java instead of src/main/java and
surefire runs them automatically in phase "test". You can do a "mvn
test" on the command-line to run only up to and including these tests.

Integration tests - here's an example (that you can also adapt for unit
tests)

<plugin>
        <executions>
                <execution>
                        <id>integration-tests</id>
                        <phase>integration-test</phase>
                        <goals>
                                <goal>test</goal>
                        </goals>
                        <configuration>
                                <includes>

<param>**/*IntegrationTest.java</param>
                                </includes>
                        </configuration>
                </execution>
        </executions>
</plugin>

They'll be run in the regular build in phase integration-test. If you
don't want them to run automatically, you can put this in a <profile>
section and then you'd start them with "mvn -P profilename
integration-test".

Yours,

David