Hi!

First of all; I', pretty new to maven so sorry if I've missed the big
pictures....

I'm working on a web project where we until now only have had one customer.
We have been using profiles; development, test and production. The
difference between the profiles are web service addresses, dbconnections
etc. The profiles have filtered in the correct settings to the properties
files.

Now we got two other customers that want the same thing, but a few settings
are changed (i.e the logo, heading etc). So now I would like to build the
production profiles and then build 3 packages (one for each customer) and
filter in the customer specific settings.

I've been looking at the assembly plugin; but not sure it does what I want.
I want to specify the filter to use for each customer and then filter the
properties file. From what I understand the assembly plugin goes the
opposite direction, one filter that can be applied on several files... :-/

An alternative is to make three static properties-files and copy them into
the project using assembly, but then all the common properties are
duplicated in all the three properties-files.

Any thoughts?

Ivar