I got a few problem s to migrate some projects from maven 1 to maven 2
I have several main components to migrate.
Under every component there are other components, and each of them has a
client project, a server project and a common project.
example: project A --> project A.1 --> client, server, common

Now I thought it ' s a good idea to declare every client, server and common
project as a module of the father component. Therefore I have to rename
them, cause in Maven 2 you need for every project an unique artifact id and
a group id.

What advantages I get with the modules ? And what disadvantages?
Is there any other handling with dependencies ?
Because I still don't know how to build up the dependency management.