We are trying to get the maven build for our product working under RedHat linux (running as a guest OS under VMWare). This build works fine on Windows Vista and XP. But under RedHat it is causing a Java segmentation fault. See attached log file for details.

Does anyone have any ideas about how we might get to the bottom of what is causing this and fix it?

Here are some details about our environment.

Maven version 2.0.9
JDK 1.6.0_05
Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 6)
jvm_args: -Xms768m -Xmx768m -Xss2048k