On 5/21/08, John Coleman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  One of our developers just reinstalled Netbeans6.0 and as a consequence
>  pickud up the latest Maven plugin 3.1.1. Now his builds don't work
>  because the active profile set in his settings.xml is ignored in
>  preference to the active profile in the profiles.xml. Previously the
>  settings in settings.xml always took priority.

you mean the settings.xml profiles are not active when loading the
project or when building? that would be a bug. However I'm not sure
what the comments about priorities mean, I would assume both locations
would be checked and their active profiles activated.

>  So what has changed, and how do we rectify this problem?

the major change was an upgrade of the maven embedder (which solved a
bunch of issues, but created a pile of it's own)

best steps to proceed would be to file a bug report against mevenide
and provide a sample project demonstrating the problem.

Milos