On 21-May-08, at 1:07 PM, Wendy Smoak wrote:

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 11:15 PM, Jason van Zyl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[X] Our team uses HTTP to retrieve our artifacts

... and should be using HTTPS because some repos require
authentication.  While we're on the subject, the plain text passwords
in settings.xml are a problem (violation of corporate policy that
passwords always be encrypted.)

Oleg implemented a solution in plexus-cipher and I haven't pushed him to give me patches for the rest but I will eventually or someone else can harass him :-) But he's got an encrypted store for passwords.

--
Wendy

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com

believe nothing, no matter where you read it,
or who has said it,
not even if i have said it,
unless it agrees with your own reason
and your own common sense.