I tested both plugins, and reported some issues to m2eclipse that have been
fixed in 0.9.4.
I just quickly tested q4e but features are *very* similar

I'm ok for competition, but as both plugins expect to get approved in
eclipse foundation, I thing they must consider merging efforts for some core
features. I can't thing there is many way to configure mavenEmbedder,
configure Ide decorations and create an import wizard.

In a perfect world, both plugin community should work to create a common
basic plugin, and provide plugable enhancements as optional features.