Hi,

I am trying to get an understanding of how users are using the Maven
toolset with SCM tools such as Perforce to handle branching strategies.
Does anyone know of any such white papers or further reading or be
willing to share current practices?

Do users tend to use a dense hierarchical structure to store the
structure of the project that Maven builds and as a result branch the
whole tree when doing a release or use a flat component structure thus
promoting re-use and only branch the module that changes when doing a
release.

>From my experience to date with Maven I am finding that the Maven
toolset is geared to the hierarchical structure and does not lend itself
well to a flat component approach. Are other users running into such
issues or have you overcome some issues?

--
Robert