Hello,
I need to set a particular value in a tag in pom.xml at runtime. I tried to
set the value through the MavenProject object but that value is not accessed
by other tags at runtime.
I have written the following code.
   /**
     * @parameter default-value="${project}"
     * @required
     */
     MavenProject project;
     public void execute()  throws MojoExecutionException
    {
         String pomVersion = "5.0";
         project.setModelVersion(pomVersion);
     }
After setting this, there is no change in the pom.xml and I could not access
the same value which is set here in the pom.
What should I do??

I am stuck in the problem for the last 2 days. Any help will be appreciated

Thanks in advance.