I think it is not the same problem.
MWAR-131 is about to reuse classes defined in a war.
attachClasses will generate a secondary artifact that we'll be able to reuse
as dependency in another project.

The problem for skinny WARs is that EARs didn't package WARs transitive
dependencies.
It's not about classes bundled in the war (which are always in the war).

Arnaud