Niranjan Deshpande schrieb:
Tim i indeed wht u suggested
<tasks>
 <ant antfile..../>
</tasks>

but the build xmls just dont seem to to reached..

It's working for me with this test project:

  .
  |-- pom.xml
  `-- src
      `-- main
          |-- antscripts
          |   |-- antscript1.xml
          |   `-- antscript2.xml
          `-- java

relevant snippet from pom.xml:

  <plugin>
    <executions>
      <execution>
        <id>hello-from-ant</id>
        <phase>generate-sources</phase>
        <goals>
          <goal>run</goal>
        </goals>
      </execution>
    </executions>
    <configuration>
      <tasks>
<ant antfile="src/main/antscripts/antscript1.xml" target="printhello"/> <ant antfile="src/main/antscripts/antscript2.xml" target="printhello"/>
      </tasks>
    </configuration>
  </plugin>

When invoking maven with a phase liek 'mvn package' tha ant tasks get executed during the spcified 'generate-sources' phase. And when invoking the antrun-plugin directly via 'mvn antrun:run' the scripts get called, too.

As you see I used the default <configuration/> section outside of the <execution/>. If you don't need to invoke the ant scripts standalone, I would move the configuration back inside the defined execution.

-Tim