What you're seeing there is which plugin with which goal to run. As far as I
know there is no plugin which creates such ".spring" files. Are they any
special files?

One solution I see is to specify the assembly plugin there and provide a
default configuration in your company's parent pom. (Sort like Maven does, the
default configuration in the super pom)

If it involves something more then just assembling some files I think you need
to create your own plugin.

Could you please inform us a little more about those ".spring" files? What are
they? How should they be created? What do they contain?

With regards,

Nick Stolwijk
~Java Developer~

Iprofs BV.