On Thu, 03 Jul 2008 19:30:58 Jörg Schaible wrote:
> > 8) use mvn dependency:resolve and mvn
> > depedendency:tree regularly to understand how things are working and
> > to catch any
> > transitions that i did not
> > expect
>
> Especially after upgrading version of 3rd party artifacts ;-)

Actually that is _never_ a problem for me because I compose 3rd party
artifacts into a separate pom thats the only place the deps can go wrong.
When i upgrade the 3p library I isolate and control the depedencies in the
composition. I can therefore guarantee that the dependency tree is no
different than before or I can bump the major version to identify that the
contract (i.e. same dep tree) is broken.

--
Michael McCallum
Development Lead