What does stable mean?

Ultimately the only thing that matters is that you are happy for testers to
test it or users to use it. Don' t jt avoid given things version because
its "not" stable.

I just version everything and only "Release" some versions.

Not sure how big you team is but consider... you release a snapshot and your
colleague is like awesome new feature really needed that... works
diligently... you realise theres a mistake and fix it - or even better
someone else deploys from the same project with some different changes... you
collegue finds that all of the sudden hes broken... and no way to go back...
you spend x minutes/hours trying to resolve what should happen next. Now add
10 people with various project interelations... its unmanageable.. you might
as well use ant and build everything from source.

However if you use the release plugin and release rather than deploy then your
collegues can choose when to upgrade and take the integration pain. There are
two approaches pessimistic with fixed versions or optimistic using ranges

back to work...

--
Michael McCallum
Enterprise Engineer