May i suggest you to install m2eclipse ?

Le 23 oct. 08 à 19:14, miro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit :

I am very very new to maven need help in creating   a project .
Eclipse 3.4.1  and installed maven eclipse project.
Please help me create a new java project to be built by  maven using
eclipse.
I did not find any article   doing this.
for my trails I created a new Maven project which created project.xml next I tried create pom.xml it did nothing ,I am assuming maven gets all the jars need for my project from its default repository ,I cannot edit my environment variables to follow instruction in maven installation, I just
have eclipse and eclipse maven plugin.
I assuming I tell in some config file I need common-logging, hibernate etc jars for my project and maven will bring them from default server repository
and   place it in my local repository.
Please help me  create maven based java project.