[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi Rafael,
>
> Thanks for your response.
>
> My question surrounds dependencies, and while I understand how to
> declare a dependency, what I want to know is how I make maven
> recompile dependencies.
>
> So if A depends on B, and I run 'mvn jar' in project B, how can I make
> it recompile (and I guess, run 'mvn install') in A?  My
> scenerio is that
> I will be making changes to both A and B, but both are
> separate projects
> and I don't want to have to run 'mvn install' in A before
> doing anything
> with project B.  Obviously, if A depends on B, A will not compile if B
> has been modified in some way given A fetches A.jar from the
> repository.
>
> Neither A or B share a common parent.  In fact, they could easily
> have different parents.

You can use what I call a "builder POM". Create a pom.xml somewhere with
minimal entries and a module section ...

<modules>
        <module>path to A</module>
        <module>path to B</module>
</modules>

... and build from the location of this builder POM. You can give the pom a
different name if you start Maven with the -f option.

- Jörg