From: Rusty Wright [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Friday, December 05, 2008 3:22 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: splitting apart a web app

I haven't seen this in the examples in the 2 maven books and I was wondering if it's perhaps not a good idea.

I was thinking of splitting my web app so that I have a cars-war project where in the scm it contains only things like the jsps, no java code. In its pom it will specify a dependency on cars-web which will be a jar file which contains the spring mvc controllers and such. And cars-web will depend on a jar which contains the business logic. In the end the war file will only contain jars, no class files (not that that's important).

I'm thinking that this may make it easier when working with our html editor person.