I am trying to customize the site generation and only want to generate
selected reports... however when I do this as described in the
examples:

    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <artifactId>maven-project-info-reports-plugin</artifactId>
        <reportSets>
          <reportSet>
            <reports>
              <report>dependencies</report>
              <report>project-team</report>
              <report>mailing-list</report>
              <report>cim</report>
              <report>issue-tracking</report>
              <report>license</report>
              <report>scm</report>
            </reports>
          </reportSet>
        </reportSets>
      </plugin>

Then suddenly target/site/index.html is not generated anymore!?! why?

Also, the documentation for site.xml is very brief, is there any good
reference description on all available elements in site.xml etc