I encountered a situation this morning in which a very strange bug showed up in the system I'm working on - caused by the fact that we were filtering our resources. The particular substitution in question, however, was not a defined value at build time. It was in a Struts package file and in the form:

${slotAssignment.id}

The value that got substituted for it was the Maven artifact identifier for the project.

My question then, is does Maven have a default behavior for filtering files when filtering is activated AND the property that is referenced cannot be found? It seems to default to the project artifact, but I can't find any mention of it. So, I figured I'd ask here.

Thanks,
Dave