As far as I know there is no archetype for it. Those pom files of
packaging "pom" often start small and grow with the project. I
normally use maven-archetype-quickstart followed by an rm -rf src and
changing the packaging from jar to pom. Every mvn archetype:generate
(create is deprecated) in that folder are automatically added to this
parent pom, so works as expected. :)

Hth,

Nick Stolwijk
~Java Developer~