Hi, thanks for answer.

On 13th January 2009 14:02 user Stephane Nicoll
<stephane.nic...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> In my project I need to have a profile which excludes some jars (about
>> 30) from packaging when war is being created. It should create
>> distribution war which contains only submodule jars, not external
>> libraries which will be stored always on server.
>>
>> I used:
>> <plugins>
>>      <plugin>
>>          <artifactId>maven-war-plugin</artifactId>
>>          <version>2.1-alpha-2</version>
>>          <configuration>
>>             <packagingExcludes>WEB-INF/lib/*.jar</packagingExcludes>
>>          </configuration>
>>      </plugin>
>> </plugins>
>>
>> and it works really great. Unfortunately it exludes all jars. A I
>> mentioned, there some jars (other modules of my app) which have to be
>> in WEB-INF/lib. I wonder if I could specify regular expression like:
>>
>> <packagingExcludes>^WEB-INF/lib/prefix*.jar</packagingExcludes>
>
> Well, you can have as many excludes as you want so you need to define the
> different libs that must be excluded.
>
> <packagingExcludes>WEB-INF/lib/foo*.jar,WEB-INF/lib/bar*.jar</packagingExcludes>

Yes I can, but specifying 30 jars explicity by name for me is the same
as copy/paste 30 dependencies with <scope>provided</scope>. I'd like
to specify a mask (regexp) for those jars which should be excluded.

If WEB-INF/lib/foo*.jar work pretty well, why ^WEB-INF/lib/foo*.jar
doesn't ? For me the first example (foo*) is also some kind of regexp.
Do you resolve only * or some other regexp signs?

> That being said, using a regexp is a good idea, you can file an improvement
> in Jira for this.

Ok, I'll propose that improvement.

--
Cheers,