> Hi Henri,
>
> it seems to me that OSGi jars are not meant to be anything else that
> traditional jars with extra information in their MANIFEST. I would
> definitely recomment deploying them as standard jar as you would do
> for any normal maven project.

Simple jar with MANIFEST, but today very few maven artifact are
OSGIfied, so so should geth OSGIfied jars elsewhere or with a
different group/artifact id ;(

> One thing that could/would differentiate your OSGi jars is that if you
> use the maven bundle plugin
> [http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-maven-bundle-plugin-bnd.html]
> then the pom deployed along side your jar will have the packaging set
> to "bundle". To me it seems like enough information.

For inhouse projects, it's not a problem and we allready do that from
our RCP projects, but the problem is still here for external projects,
ie ant, jaxws...

> Another point of reference you might consider is how the springsource
> guys make OSGi-ified version of many java libraries in their bundle
> repository [http://www.springsource.com/repository/]. This acts pretty
> much as a simple maven repository delivering jars.

I see that but the group/artifact is not the same that the one used in
developpement, hard after that to get a clean trace from developpment
to runtime :(

> Also I know that the Felix guys have an initiative around an OSGi
> Bundle Repository (OBR)
> [http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-osgi-bundle-repository.html].
> This is meant to be a repository that is more OSGi specific. I could
> help with dependency resolution -- just as maven does -- by
> introspecting jars MANIFESTs.

A good idea, it will be nice to get it as maven central.

And in the long term, get all 'maven' artifact converted to
osgi-bundle (very long term).

Or may by specializing maven request, ie I need ant-1.7.2 jar,
ant-1.7.2 osgi-bundle.
So we could have simple jar and bundle at the same location in maven repo.

> Archiva or Nexus would most probably satisfy your needs for maven
> repositories. They might become OBRs at some point when OSGi becomes
> more "mainstream".

I think there is plan for this in Nexus.

> Hope this helps,
> SaM

Thanks for your time Sam, it was helpfull :)