> I'm using gwt, and Google folks had the strange idea to include some old
> version of apache commons-* in the jar.
> I get NoSuchMethodError in unit tests becausse I can't specify the classpath
> ordering of my dependencies during tests.

Even if you could hack Surefire to include the newer Commons jar in
front of the GWT jar, how do you plan to get this to run once you're
done with it? Eventually you're going to run into this again in your
j2ee container, right?

It seems the more pragmatic solution would be to change your code to
use the old Commons API. Or perhaps modify the GWT jar and remove the
old Commons files, and encourage the GWT devs to bump their files to a
more recent version in a future release.

Wayne