This really isn't a supported use case. Deploy is a phase and by
definition all earlier phases run before the one you've asked for. Why
would you not want to build before you deploy?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim McCaskey [mailto:jim.mccas...@pervasive.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 10:17 PM
To: 'users@maven.apache.org'
Subject: How to perform a deploy only

Hello all,

I have several components all built from a top level pom.  This works
great for accelerating users to be able to build a lot of stuff quickly
but is giving me some fits when trying to deploy.  Up to this point I
have been using deploy:deploy-file to get built components into our
local repository after a full build is successful, but this is labor
intensive.

I would like to be able to run some variation of "mvn deploy" from the
top level.  I have figured out how to skip things using the FAQ here:

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-deploy-plugin/faq.html#skip

But I do NOT want it to do anything other than deploy.  I have googled
for this but have not turned up anything useful.  I was surprised that
the documentation does not suggest how to do this.  This is the correct
deploy documentation I think.

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-deploy-plugin/

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!