Hi David,

first thanks for your fast answer...

Hey Karl,
This issue has been coming up quite a bit, lately.
Hm...my english seemed to be no good enough to understand this...

> Some will disagree
with me, but here is my solution to this problem.

   mvn release:prepare -DpreparationGoals="clean install"

The release:prepare normally only does a packaging, so the install step never happens. It really should find the artifact in the reactor, but it doesn't. So, you have to install it.
Good luck,
Dave

Karl Heinz Marbaise wrote:
Hi there,

i have a project which is building etc. with mvn clean package etc.
Now i would like to do a mvn release:prepare
answering questins: like release Version 1.0.0 and the tag name etc.

but it's comming up that during the release:prepare cycle Maven want to download artifact like xyz-1.0.0.pom from a repository but that can't be cause that artifact is exactly what is currently build....in Version 1.0.0 ?

So can someone give me hint what I'm doing wrong ? Or do i understand something wrong ?

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

Dipl.Ing.(FH) Karl Heinz Marbaise        ICQ#: 135949029
Hauptstrasse 177                         USt.IdNr: DE191347579
52146 Würselen                           http://www.soebes.de