Hello,

This morning, I updated our Nexus version from 1.3.1.1 to 1.3.2. After that my builds did not run because they failed to download snapshot dependencies from a hosted repository. As yesterday everything was still fine, I suspected a regression in Nexus, went back to 1.3.1.1, but the problem persisted.

Investigating further, I noticed that Maven tried to download unique snapshots versions instead of the timestamped ones. This explained why the snapshots would not be found. So, something must have messed up my local repository. Next, I tried "mvn dependency:purge-local-repository" but that did not work either because it would also try to download the unique version. So, I eventually purged my local repo manually, and the problem was gone.

I'd appreciate any insight into what was going on here. Did I do anything wrong? Did metadata get messed up somehow?

Thanks,
Reinhard