I created a maven project which has three sub projects one for ear , one for
war and one for jar.War has dependency to jar and ear has dependency to
war.  When I try to install  project i get this error

Reason: Failed to copy file for artifact[active project artifact:
    artifact = gov.audit:audit.jar:jar:1:compile;
    project: MavenProject: gov.audit:audit.jar:1 @
E:\dev\eclipse\Audit\Audit.gov\audit.jar\pom.xml]

I tried in other way first build jar , it works fine then when I build war I
get this error

The following mojo encountered an error while executing:
Group-Id: org.apache.maven.plugins
Artifact-Id: maven-war-plugin
Version: 2.1-alpha-1
Mojo: war
brought in via: packaging: war

While building project:
Group-Id: gov.audit
Artifact-Id: audit.war
Version: 1
>From file: E:\dev\eclipse\Audit\Audit.gov\audit.war\pom.xml
Reason: Failed to copy file for artifact[gov.audit:audit.jar:jar:1:compile]

also pom file for my war  project

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><project>
  <parent>
    <artifactId>Audit.gov</artifactId>
    <groupId>gov.audit</groupId>
    <version>1</version>
  </parent>
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>gov.audit</groupId>
  <artifactId>audit.war</artifactId>
  <packaging>war</packaging>
  <name>audit.war Maven Webapp</name>
  <version>1</version>
  <url>http://maven.apache.org</url>
  <build>
    <finalName>audit</finalName>
  </build>
  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
        <groupId>gov.audit</groupId>
        <artifactId>audit.jar</artifactId>
        <version>1</version>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>
</project>

please tell me if i specified correctly dependency for my sub project ?