there is some good documentation for the plugin here:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/usage.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Hughes [mailto:d...@doughughes.net]
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2009 2:45 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Creating a zip of non-java files

Ok, this worked, pretty much.  However, there are a few minor problems I'm
still researching how to resolve.

First off, the zip file always has the name of the assembly appended to the
name of the zip file.  IE: ModelGlue-1.0-SNAPSHOT-cfml-resources.zip, where
cfml-resources is the ID of the assembly.

The other issue is that the zip file doesn't include the META-INF folder
which would normally hold the pom files that define the dependencies.

To clarify what I'm trying to do, I'm trying to create a set of CFML code
that can depend on other CFML code that I can use as dependencies for a CFML
application.

I don't actually need to zip these up.  A jar would be just fine.  If I
change the packaging to jar then I DO get a jar, it just doesn't have any of
my CFML code in it.  It'd be really great if I could find a way to put
everything from the src/main/cfml directory into the root of the jar.

If there's any documentation you can recommend on how to do this, that'd be
great.   I'm really just getting started with Maven and I'm using it for a
fairly non-standard language.  As such, the learning curve is a bit steep.

Thanks,

Doug Hughes, President
Alagad Inc.
dhug...@alagad.com
888 Alagad4 (x300)
Office: 919-550-0755
Fax: 888-248-7836

<java.whoo...@gmail.com>wrote:

>> you could use the maven-assembly-plugin:
>>
>> src/main/assembly/cfml.xml
>> <assembly
>>
>> xmlns="
>> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/assembly/1.1.0";