> Ooops!  Do I need to delete me repository?
>
> [INFO] Required goal not found: archetype:generate in
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:1.0-alpha-7

If you look at the documentation, you'll see the generate goal was not
added until 2.0-alpha-4, so this error message is correct. Your
archetype plugin is WAY out of date.

> [INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-help-plugin' does not
> exist or  no valid version could be found

Try again with "mvn -U -e archetype:generate" and "mvn -U
help:compile". If that doesn't work, you could try deleting your local
repo cache and things would probably start working again. It sounds
like you've managed to mess up some metadata, or something.

Wayne