On Aug 17, 2005, at 16:29, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hello Paul,

Many thanks for your answers, but in the first two cases if the phone does not support MMS or the MM is too big for phone capabilities it should get the unprovissioned message. And this is whats not happening actually

The unprovisioned message is only sent if your database indicates (via the prov-server-sub-status-script) that the user/msisdn is not provisioned. For the case where the message is too big, we don't know what max size the phone supports until it tries to fetch the message.

Thanks in advance

Antonio

----- Mensaje original -----
De: Paul Bagyenda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Fecha: MiƩrcoles, Agosto 17, 2005 0:51 am
Asunto: Re: [Users] Some questions

On Aug 06, 2005, at 00:59, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hello Paul,

Thanks for your answers, I did some test and here are my comments:

On the notify-unprovisioned issue

My knowledge is very poor but as I far as I understand, Mbuni
should now the phone capabilities based on the User Agent Profile

of each phone. But what happens if Mbuni does not not UAP of some

phone.

The UAP is usually sent as part of any HTTP transaction. Newer
phones
send a url, older ones send HTTP Accept headers.

I tried to send an MMS to an old Nokia 5190 phone, this of course

it is not provissioned for MMS, but it did get the notification

but

the phone didn't know what to do with it and show an empty

message,

what should be the normal behavior here?

The notification is formatted as an mms, so if the phone does not
support mms it will never understand it, hence never try to fetch
the
message.

Then I tried to send to a Nokia 6590 which only support GPRS for
MMS (my network bearer is GSM CSD) and this phone just supports
small images and no polyphonic ringtones, the MM contained a big
image and a polyphonic tone, I saw in the smsbox log that the
message was delivered to the SMSC and the phone looked like it's
going to receive something but it didn't no notification arrived

the phone, and not not provisioned message also.

The notification does contain an indication as to message size,
which
can signal to the phone not to fetch it, if it is too big.

After I tried to send the same message to a Nokia 7210 able to
receive the message but with the GPRS bearer only, the same

result

no notification to the phone, It seemed to receive something
because the screen blinked but nothing at the end.

Probably wrong settings on phone.

Finally I send the message to a SonyEricsson which support CSD
bearer everything worked fine.

Any comments of all this?

On the mms-to-email-html issue:

I tried putting some html tags in the mmsc.conf file, and it did
work, when I tried to put an image the image is not received at

the

email client, thats because de path, I can put the whole URL of

the

image in a public server and the email client can download the
image from there but it's not the best idea.

I would like to display the image like the images in the MM, I
tried to look at the code, but my C skills are not good enough to

patch the code.

I was wondering if it is possible to add an entry in the

mmsc.conf

file like mms-to-email-html-header-image then the program will

add

the image into the message.

The other topics I didn't have time to review, but I'll do, maybe

will open a new thread for each one.

 Hmmm. It is something that perhaps somebody can contribute code
for. We'd like to add it, but priority-wise it is not up there....

Many thanks and kind regards

Antonio