I would definitely write pdf renderers for some components if other people want to help...

Jurgen

Matthias Wessendorf schreef:
Right Juergen!

would you like to volunteer ? :-)

SpringMVC has some *pdf* based rendering stuff.

-Matthias

On 1/17/06, Jurgen Lust <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 Theoretically, you could write a new RenderKit which renders a JSF page to
PDF instead of HTML. It would probably even work with AcroForms...

 Jurgen

 Simon Kitching schreef:
 Hi Hans,

What Matthias describes below is where you have a JSF page, and you want
a button labelled "generate report" or similar that creates some kind of
PDF document then serves it up to the user's browser. But that PDF isn't
"a picture of the current page", it's a PDF generated using data pulled
from a database or something like that. If that's really what you are
after then FOP is a good tool for that; your java code creates some xml
using the FO schema, then feeds it to the FOP library. Nothing to do
with JSF though.

There is no way to "generate a pdf that looks like my html screen" from
java code which I believe is what you want to do. Some browsers provide
a "print page" option, and some operating systems provide a "print to
PDF" option in the print dialog so that's one way of creating a PDF that
contains the current page but it's manual.

The FOP project is here:
 http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/

Regards,

Simon