I think, the mapping for the NonFacesRequestServlet can also called
/faces/NonFacesRequestServlet (it might be a little nicer)

to the difference of myfaces and the sun-ri:
I've setup an example here
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tobago/trunk/tobago-example/tobago-example-nonfacesrequest/

web.xml snip:
   <!--for sun ri (tested with version 1.1.01)-->
   <url-pattern>/FishServlet</url-pattern>
   <!--for myfaces (tested with version 1.1.1)-->
   <url-pattern>/faces/FishServlet</url-pattern>