Hi folks!

I'm right now designing a small only survey form with JSF-2.3. The problem is
that the survey should gather information from a cellar. And often there is no
WiFi nor mobile connection in those rooms. Thus it should not loose data if the
user presses the 'Save' button and the connection is not available.

How to do this best?

I thought about an onclick which checks the connection via a ping to a servlet
(just returning true) and only then do a jsf.js submit(). If the connection is
not present it will present an alert() stating the user should try later when
he again has a connection.

Are there some better ways to do this?

txs and LieGrue,
strub