*Enterprise Edition (Java EE) 8**- The Java EE Tutorial with Netbeans IDE

*https://javaee.github.io/tutorial/usingexamples001.html

However, the current version of NetBeans does not support Java EE 8 out of the box. To prepare the whole Java EE 8 development, you need to upgrade the application server to a Java EE 8 compliant version, such like GlassFish 5, or Payara 5 as well.

Just pick "Java EE 7 version", and let NetBeans doing the auto-generating all necessary files afterwards, and then *manually* edit the location of XML schema resources <http://www.oracle.com/webfolder/technetwork/jsc/xml/ns/javaee/index.html#8> as follow:

http://www.oracle.com/webfolder/technetwork/jsc/xml/ns/javaee/index.html#8
|- Servlet 4.0  in web.xml

- JSF 2.3 faces-config.xml

... and versions yourself in the desired deployment descriptor files.

Cheers,
Kai