Hello NetBeans Users.

An application that I am developing seems to be slowly leaking memory, and
I have been given some advice that makes me think that the best way to get
to the bottom of this problem is by running an instance of my application
in the profile.

I can do that, and as just as I thought, I am seeing particular type types
of objects being created but not being destroyed by the garbage collector.
I've walked though my code many times, and as far as I can see, never do I
assign the object to a variable that has any scope other than method scope.
I can't see why they wouldn't be gc'd, but indeed this is not happening,
and I am wondering if this is because I am setting these objects to a
variable that persists beyond method scope.

My question (I suppose it's very simple), is this: how do I get the
references to objects I see in my profiler?