Recommend you start with Maven | Web Application, i.e., that you have a
Maven based application instead of Ant based as you have now. In the
upcoming release, it will be clearer that that is the preferred starting
point.

When you build, you'll then have a 'target' folder as in any Maven project:

https://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-standard-directory-layout.html

Gj