No, it hasn’t been only right now for the current release.

Can you report your refactoring issues or point to the specific issues
you’re encountering?

Yes, there have been several performance enhancements, can you spend some
time on the 11.2 features page on netbeans.apache.org?

And, yes, versioning systems are indeed handy when working with tools such
as IDEs.

Gj