Geertjan,
How do I create a configuration that uses simply the Netbeans Java Hints"
analyzer?   Under “Configuration” one can pick “Default” and then “Manage…”
button becomes active.  I then create a custom configuration using the
“Netbeans Java Hints” analyzer.  But after doing so, if I hit “Inspect”,
the dialog disappears as if everything is cool, but the “Inspector” tab
show “Required Plugins Missing”.  Is “Netbeans Java Hints” a plugin?  If
so, which one?  I looked into the available plugins dialog and don’t see
one named that.

Thinking that I might need to click the “Install” button with my custom
configuration selected, I try it - but it still looks for “FindBugs” - even
though my configuration doesn’t  use it.

Is the answer “You’re just not holding it right”?

Any advice appreciated,
Tom